5 Traits Your Tweets Should Have for Successful Twitter Marketing

Although there are many social media platforms that have surfaced over the years, Facebook and Twitter still dominate the social media-marketing world. They have allowed businesses to grow exponentially by increasing their fan base and building their brands.

You might be asking, is there a reason to use Facebook and Twitter?

My answer to you is, of course! Although they both allow you to interact and communicate with customers and potential clients, Facebook and Twitter work differently. For instance, Facebook is simply a (complex) social network and Twitter is more of a blog platform. The major marketing factors that differentiate Twitter are:

  • Message outreach is smaller, so response time and spreading the word is faster.
  • You use Twitter for brand identity instead of business relationship
  • Twitter reacts rather than starting a conversation.

If you’re already on Twitter, great! But there’s always room for improvement and to build your following and engagement. If your Tweets have these 5 traits, your Twitter marketing should be solid and consistent.

  1. Be a good listener. Listen and observe to other businesses and your followers. See what other businesses in your industry are doing on Twitter. You can use similar methods that you like, or you can find out what you don’t want to do. Also, discover what your clients want. Search in Twitter commonly used hashtags your followers are using and the conversations they’re having.
  2. Have personality. Share valuable content in your own voice. Twitter is a platform so create your brand’s identity. That identity has to have a voice and personality. Let it shine.
  3. Be a nerd. Use keywords in your Tweets and let others know that you are an expert in what you do. Twitter shares 5 tips here for using keywords.
  4. Sharing is caring. Share links and communicate less. On Facebook, you always want to start a conversation and communicate with your audience. On Twitter, it’s a little different. Of course, conversation doesn’t have a negative effect on your business, but it’s not what motivates people to follow you. This study explains the busted myth. On Twitter, you want to react, rather than asking for a response. Your content, personality, and the links you share are the key components to motivating people to follow you.
  5. Be friendly. Try to get retweeted by Twitter influencers. Just like Facebook, it’s important to network with social influencers and build relationships with them. Then, you can feel comfortable asking them to share your content once you have compelling and important content to share.

When in doubt, use the 80/20 rule. When it comes to any social media platform for marketing, remember: people want to be engaged and entertained. 80% of your Tweets should be interactive, educational and entertaining. The rest of your Tweets, 20%, can be promotional.

Twitter can and will effect your business’s brand, sales and leads. You just have to experiment and find out what works best for you. Try to incorporate these 5 traits within your Tweets. and you’ll get the hang of Twitter marketing in no time.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s