LinkedIn is so useful, that membership has more than doubled in the last year and continues to grow. It has over 300 million users in 200 countries! It is one of the most effective platforms for expanding your reach and improving your business results. LinkedIn is not only a place for job seekers and recruiters; it should no longer be thought of as a resume-based website. It’s actually a multidimensional tool that allows you, as a business and an individual, to tell your stories.
Using LinkedIn as a marketing tool allows you to deliver the right content to the right people and boost your ideal leads. The social media network provides you with all the marketing tools you need to build your brand and generate and accelerate leads. In my professional opinion, every business should have a LinkedIn marketing strategy to leverage their marketing efforts.
If you’re not convinced of the importance of LinkedIn, here are 8 reasons why your business should have a LinkedIn marketing strategy:
- Create awareness. Like any other highly used social media channel, LinkedIn allows you to increase your online presence. There are features that make it easier to improve your visibility (groups, geography, personal connections).
- Improve reputation. LinkedIn is a powerful tool to build your reputation. You can let people know who you are and how your business can help them. With original articles and your opinions and tips, your business and its profile will build a positive reputation in your related industry. Your brand credibility will improve by sharing your expertise with groups, other business and individuals.
- Attract and generate leads. Make the most out of LinkedIn. People will find you and you will find and, hopefully, do business with quality leads. Try joining professional groups, publishing articles and blog posts, and creating conversations. Social Media Examiner has three great lead generation tips I recommend using.
- Gain insight. Use analytics, responses and other users’ updates/posts to gain insights. LinkedIn is a perfect opportunity for you to listen and ask questions. Get to know what your potential clients want and need!
- Shorter sales cycle. If you use LinkedIn as a sales tool, you are engaging in social selling! Businesses that implement social selling usually have a shorter sales cycle. You no longer have to take the time to qualify leads before passing them through the sales funnel. LinkedIn improves the quality of your leads.
- Longer client lifecycles. People want to do business with people they know, like, and trust. Many consumers use the Internet for researching everything. Inform, educate and entertain your audience on LinkedIn and you will build a sense of trust with your current and potential clients, and in return, increasing client lifecycles.
- Build traffic. A great method for social media is cross-promotion. For instance, you better believe I am going to publish this blog post on my personal LinkedIn profile. Post your website link on your profile, include a LinkedIn button in your email signature, repost articles, etc. The more you cross-promote, the more traffic you will get. The more traffic you get, the more visibility and leads you gain.
- Become an industry thought leader. Position yourself as a leader in the industry. Provide high-quality content, optimize your profile, and participate in LinkedIn community discussions. You will become one of the experts!
Whether or not you are utilizing LinkedIn as an individual or business, it’s platform that greatly improve your success. Tell your story and share your expertise and you will start to see an increase in your following and engagement!