February was another exciting month for many anticipated social media updates!
- Reactions. Facebook has been teasing us for a while with this update. We can finally express more emotions with the extension of the “Like” button.
- Video Metrics. The video metrics sections of Page Insights will have several improvements! You can now track user engagement and better understand how your video performs.
- Automated Captions. Captioned video ads increase video view time by 12%! This new tool generates captions for video ads and delivers them to the advertiser within the ad creation tool to review and edit.
- New Website for Nonprofits. Facebook launched a new website for nonprofits and NGOs. It’s designed to help them use Facebook more effectively and raise awareness and funds.
- Facebook Invite Update. Everyone knows you can make an event on Facebook. What if your friend doesn’t have an account? Now, you can send them an invite to the event without them having an account!
- Multiple Account Switching. Finally, you can easily switch between accounts if you manage more than one. All you have to do is change your settings!
- 60-Second Ads. This month, Instagram extended video ads to 60 seconds. They used to be 30 seconds. This update allows ads to be longer than the typical 15 second videos provided to users.
- Video Views. You can now see how many times your video has been viewed at the bottom of the video!
- On-demand Geofilters. This update makes it easier for you to send your message to your local community. It’s great for people or businesses.
- Algorithm-based Timeline. The new algorithm timeline will use data based on a user’s previous activity to determine what to show at the top of their timeline.
- First View Video Ads. These video ads are an engaging and highly visible way to share your brand story. As an advertiser, you have the opportunity purchase the top slot and achieve significant audience reach.
- GIF Search. The new feature allows users to search by keywords or browse categories of different GIFs. The GIFs are provided by Twitter’s partners GIPHY and Riffsy.
- Customer Service Tools. This is great for marketers and business owners! The 2 new tools allows businesses to collect audience feedback after service interactions through questions.